When you try to access the Performance preferences (Edit > Preferences > Performance), Photoshop displays the error message: An integer between 96 and 8 is required. Closest value inserted.
You are unable to access the Performance settings in the Preferences dialog. Tools such as Blur and Liquify that use the graphics processor (GPU) card are also impacted.
This issue appears after updating your operating system to Windows 10 Creators Update.
Windows 10 Creators Update and later versions
Adobe is working to provide a solution for this issue.
- Press Windows + R keys to bring up the Run dialog.
- Type regedit.exe and then press Enter.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. In the Registry Editor window, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Photoshop\120.0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER in Registry Editor
4. Right-click the 120.0 folder and choose New > DWORD (32-bit) Value from the menu.
5. In the right pane, name the new key as OverridePhysicalMemoryMB and press Enter.
Right-click the new key and choose Modify from the menu. In the Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value dialog, do the following:
6. Modify registry key
Set Base as Decimal.
In the Value Data field, change the value from 0 to a numeric megabyte value that reflects your system’s physical memory. For example, enter 8192 for 8 GB, 16384 for 16 GB, or 24576 for 24 GB.
7. Click OK.